Udaan Means Flight, Udaan is a scheme where it encourages and motivates girls who are from poor and marginalized families. The girl child has the right to fulfill her dreams by accessing higher education and pursue careers of their choice. Almost 250 girl child of 16-24 age are currently taking benefits under this project. This article will help you in giving the complete information about this program, eligibility etc.
Udaan Program Scholarship for Girls
This scheme is designed to provide all the facilities to a girl student who pursues higher education in engineering and assist them in preparing for the IIT-JEE while studying in class 11 and 12. It has been finding out that the educated girls make a lasting impact on the quality of life of their families and communities. The girl child has to give higher education for the welfare of the family. Therefore, due to lack of awareness and loss of proper guidance, non-availability of local educational institutions, pressures in doing household work that includes taking care of the younger siblings and later on they get married.
What are the benefits of the program?
- This is a platform for all the girls whose desire is to pursue higher education in engineering and support them to prepare for the entrance examination. Therefore, all the student girls who are studying 11 and 12 class.
- This scheme is trained to 1000 selected girls who are eligible and compete for admission at Premier Engineering Colleges in India. However, all the girl students are selected on the basis of their merit.
- This program is for free of cost who offers an online and offline course format. These girls will provide tuition; lectures and gives study materials as well as a tablet with financial assistance to purchase the tablet.
- They take counseling sessions to motivate the students and parents.
- The financial assistance would be provided in the form of
- Admission fees
- Tuition Fees
- Hostel charges.
Who are eligible for this scholarship?
- Girls who are of class 11 (PCM/PCMB) can apply for this scholarship.
- Girl student who scores 70% or more in class 10 and 80% in Science and Mathematics.
- If the board follows CGPA pattern, minimum CGPA should be 8 overall and a GPA of 9 in science and Mathematics.
- The annual family should be not more than INR 6 lakh.
- Reservation as per JEE Advanced.
- OBC (NCL)-27%, SC-15%, ST-7.5 %.
- PWD-3% of seats is available in every category.
- Reservations are there as per JEE norms.
How can you apply for the Udaan scholarship?
The application can be done only through online and you can see some of the following steps:
- Visit the official website http://cbseacademic.nic.in/
- You should read all the instructions before you apply for the scholarship.
- The participants has to register herself
- Fill the form and check before submitting it.
- You have to upload a photograph, with a registered number and date of birth.
- Now print the application form and download the declaration form.
Under the following conditions
Udaan program is under some of the following conditions
- The students who are having a minimum of 75% attendance during the Udaan classes.
- Checklist admission into IITs or NITS or Technical institutes or other centrally funded Engineering colleges.
Selection criteria for the program
- This program is offered to all the students who are citizens of India and are residing in India.
- The girls who study in class 12 only from KVs or NVS or other government-run schools affiliated to any Board in India are eligible to apply for this program.
- The students are selected based on their merits and will consider against the city option made by the candidates for the weekly personal contact classes.
- This program is enrolled by 1000 girls and more 500 girls will be selected from an open category and 500 will belong to SC or ST or backward class.