Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala (PMUY) aim is to protect women and children health by providing them with clean cooking fuel. This scheme provides LPG so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood.
This scheme benefited to 5 Crores women, and this scheme will help all the people from faux fuels which will not harm the environment. As a result of PMUY, there will be additional employment of about one lakh and India is ready to give the opportunity of at least Rs 10,000 crore in the next three years.
This scheme will enhance the ‘Make in India’ campaign because of manufacturers of cylinders, gas stoves, regulators and gas hose.
- Scheme was launched in Uttar Pradesh on May 1, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Rajasthan on May 15, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Gujarat on May 1, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Madhya Pradesh on July 4, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Bihar on June 28, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Uttarakhand on June 20, 2016
- Scheme was launched in Orissa on June 28, 2016
What are the documents required to apply the Ujjwala scheme
- Aadhaar card or voter identity card
- Passport size photo
- BPL Ration card
- Electricity bill
- Photocopy of the bank passbook
- One recent
Who are eligible for Prime Minister Ujjwala Scheme?
The women who belong to BPL family are eligible for this scheme, Prime Minister Ujjwala can apply for the scheme, and in this scheme new LPG connections are given to the BPL people. He or she can apply to the nearest LPG distributor.
How to know who is eligible for Prime Minister Ujjwala Plan
- Firstly your name should be on the list of SECC-2011 data.
- After checking your name your applicant will submit the Ujjwala KYC form to the nearest LPG distributor and LPG Regional officer, which matches the application of the SECC-2011 database and their BPL status and the physical verification of having no LPG connections.
- The applicant should be above the age of 18 years.
- You must have the base documents, bank account details (FCC code and account number).
- The applicant should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name.
How to apply for Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme
- Applicants has to apply to visit the nearest LPG distributor for the new LPF connection
- When the application form is deposited, women need to submit the detailed address, the Jan Dhan Bank account and the base number of all the numbers of the house.
- This connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to receive eligible beneficiaries after the date of arrival.
- If the consumer chooses an EMI option, then the EMI amount will adjust according to the amount of consumer subsidy.
Download Application form for PMUY
- PMUY application form for that click on
http://www.pmujjwalayojana.com/downloads/Ujjwala-application-form-english.pdf . Any user can download the application form from the official website.
- KYC Application form for the scheme is available at the LPG outlets or agencies across the country.
How to find your name on the PMUY beneficiary list
Here are some of the steps helps in finding out the name on the PMUY beneficiary list
- Login to the http://22.214.171.124/netnrega/secc_list.aspx . It will help you in finding your name whether it exists in the PMUY beneficiary list or not.
- After logging on to the website, enter the following details:
- Enter the state of your residence\Enter the district of your residence
- Enter the teshil or taluk in which you reside.
- Enter the gram Panchayat of your residence.
- Select the number of rows to be displayed.
- Select the category which you belong to.
Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat
The ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ is an event in which meeting between the prime minister and the beneficiaries of the PMUY scheme takes place so all can raise the concerns. Based on the statement released by the government, these meetings serve the purpose of establishing a connection between the government and the beneficiaries.
Budget and Funding of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The government allocated Rs.2000 Crores for the Ujjwala Yojana Scheme which implements for the financial year 2016-17. The government decided to distribute for 1.5 Crores BPL families within the current financial year.
Total budget allocation is of Rs. 8000 crore has given by the government for the implementation of the scheme over three years. The scheme will be implemented using the money saved in LPG subsidy through the “Give-it-Up” campaign.
Ujjwala Yojana Toll-Free Helpline Number
If you have any queries related to the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, you can contact the PMUY helpdesk. Here, are the toll-free numbers that help them to solve their queries easily 1800 266 6696