Have you linked your Aadhaar number with mobile SIM? If not, now government introduced new IVR process which became easy and convenient you can do Aadhaar linking by sitting at home. Just call 14546 from any mobile number and keep your Aadhaar in hand for linking. Here are steps as directed by IVR to complete re-verification process.
Government issued instruction to all operators
Government has issued instruction to all operators to verify all existing mobile users (Postpaid and Prepaid) through Aadhaar based E-KYC process on or before 31.03.2018. This IVR service is available in several languages like English, Hindi and other regional languages. Also Read Here check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card
As per government new rule, verifying your mobile number with Aadhaar is mandatory for all existing users. Now, many telecom operators are offering toll-free service 14546 for re-verification of your Aadhaar number on your mobile number through Interactive Voice Response System or IVRS. IVR service can be used from home.
Link Aadhaar with mobile number by using IVR for Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea
Now, IVR based Aadhaar has become simpler and more useful to re-verification process for existing mobile users. Main telecom operators like Vodafone, Airtel and Idea are allowing re-verification process of mobile number using One Time Password (OTP) based authentication for existing users.
These operators have placed where you can link your Aadhaar using IVRS and OTP based re-verification on your mobile phone. You can now complete your re-verification process from home, by simply calling toll free number. This facility is now live with Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular.
How to link Aadhaar with mobile number for re-verification by using IVR and OTP?
Now, UIDAI has made easy process of Aadhaar-mobile number linking process that allows you to call on toll-free number to re-verify and link your mobile number with Aadhaar. Many telecom operators have activated this new service and also you can check with your telecom operator for such facility. Read How to lock and unlock Aadhaar Card and prevent misuse through online?
Before calling toll-free number make sure that you have your Aadhaar number in hand as well as your mobile number for OTP. You can call on UIDAI toll-free number and follow instructions to link your Aadhaar with mobile number from your home. Whether you are on Airtel, Idea, Vodafone and Jio or any other operator can call toll-free number 14546 from phone number
Below are steps which will be directed during IVR to complete Aadhaar using new IVR service?
- You need to call on 14546 from your mobile number and wait for IVR. It is toll-free number, so you don’t have to worry about call charges.
- Once call connected, follow voice –based instructions
- After that you need to select your desired language and confirm
- On reaching IVR, you will ask to confirm whether you are residents of India or NRI. If you are an Indian national press 1 and if you are foreign national press 2
- Then you are asked for approval to link your Aadhaar and mobile numbers
- Press desired option given to you
- Now you will have to furnish your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press desired number to confirm
- As soon as you confirm, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile phone
- After that, IVR process will ask for your mobile number
- At this step you have to give permission to your mobile operator to pick your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI records
- If you have agreed to above step, IVR will read last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your Aadhaar card number
- Once, you re-confirm your details, you need to provide OTP received via SMS
- After entering OTP, you have to press 1 to complete the process
- Then, IVR will confirm Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process has been successful.
Once process is done, you get an SMS on your mobile number confirming that re-verification was successful and it will take 48 hours to complete linking. Now, telecom operators Airtel, Idea and Vodafone will start linking your Aadhaar with your mobile numbers using new IVR service.