With things happening at a quicker pace – it is becoming all the more easy – to have things done online. So when people can shop online, order things online, buy groceries online then why not open an account online?
State Bank of India has come up with the facility of opening a Saving Bank Account Online.
Furthermore, Indian Residents can choose any branch of the State Bank of India to open that account and the Joint Accounts can be opened online for 3 people at the maximum.
Oh! Do not worry – you can also go through the same old offline procedure. But why waste time unnecessarily when you have the facility to open a Savings Account from the confines of your home or from any place you like?
Read on to know – How to Open Online Savings Bank Account in SBI –
- Go to the Online Account Opening Page which you will find at the Official Website of the State Bank of India.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Then click on Start Now.
- Application Form will pop up on the screen.
- One can find 2 sections in the form which are –
- Customer Information and
- Account Information
- Fill in the fields with the relevant information such as the PAN (Permanent Account Number) and the Nomination.
- DO NOT forget to read the Terms & Conditions.
- Select Proceed.
- Take the print out of the form once the required details are filled.
- A “Temporary Customer Reference Number – TCRN” will be generated by the system and this will be mentioned in the application form as well.
What is Temporary Customer Reference Number – TCRN?
Whenever a person applies to open an account online, then the system automatically generates the Temporary Customer Reference Number or the TCRN which is sent to the phone number given in the application form for verification.
For the further process one should provide the Temporary Customer Reference Number – TCRN wherever necessary.
What to Do Next?
- Affix documents related to residence proof as well as identity proof along with 2 recent passport size colour photographs to the printed copy of the Application Form.
- Submit the same to any branch of State Bank of India.
- Remember to submit the – afore – mentioned papers to the State Bank of India within 30 days else the application that has been submitted online stands invalid with the data being deleted automatically.
- In addition to this, one will have to follow the same procedure again to “Open a Savings Bank Account in State Bank of India.”
You can click on the below mentioned link to be directed to the Official Page of State Bank of India –