Caste certificate is documentary proof, as per the Indian constitution, it will help you to know to which caste a person belongs to especially in case if a person belongs to scheduled castes. However, it is known as the community certificate. This article will help you in giving a list of the documents required for caste certificate, etc. Sponsored Links:
What is the caste certificate and why is it needed?
A caste certificate is a proof of a person one who belongs to a particular caste. They introduced caste certificate especially for Scheduled caste and Tribes to give a special encouragement and opportunities to bring them to the society as the rest of the population. As a part of Indian system of protecting discrimination, they should be some special privileges granted to the category of citizens, such as reservation of seats in the legislature and in the government services, put aside as a part of the total fees paid for the admission to schools and colleges, relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc. If a person is of scheduled caste he or she must be in control of a valid caste certificate.
Why do caste certificate is needed?
- Caste certificate is needed in many organizations those are listed below
- School admissions
- College admissions
- Employment in reserved category
- Government subsidies
- Housing and self-employment schemes
- allotment of land
Documents required for caste certificate
What is the procedure to apply for caste certificate online?
- At present, as you can know that only few of the state governments only offer an online application to apply for caste certificate. In order to apply the caste certificate through online, you should visit the official website
- Visit the State Backward Class Welfare Portal. Based on each state you can see the different department names.
- You have to click on “Apply for caste certificate online”.
- Create a new account in the portal or you can fill an online application form directly.
- Once the account is created you have to log in to the portal using the username and password.
- You have to give the details that you have filled in the online form
- Upload the scanned copies of documents and click on “Submit” button.
- Once if you submit, then you will get an acknowledge slip along with the application number.
- After the verification you can directly download the caste certificate from the portal itself.
- You will get email or sms once the process is done.
How to apply for caste certificate offline
- IF you want to apply the caste certificate offline you need to visit the nearby Tashildhar office, Revenue Office, SDM Office or CSS or SETU centers. Here are some of the steps to follow to apply for caste certificate offline.
- Visit the Tehsil or SDM office which is nearby location
- Get the application form for caste certificate and fill the details like address, personal information and contact information.
- If you want to fill the caste certificate details of your father and he is no more than you have to provide certificate or documents of the blood relatives.
- You have to tick a mark for the caste option you are applying for.
- In case you are migrated from another state then you must specify that in the form.
- You have to fill and sign the self-declaration part.
- In the application form, paste your passport size photo and submit the local reference for verification process.
Once you fill the application form, and then submit the original form all along the documents to the officer. Always keep the original documents with you so that can be useful for the further verification from officers. It will take 30-35 days of time to get the caste certificate from the office.
What are the advantages of caste certificate?
If you are having a proper caste certificate then you will get all the advantages of it.
You may be formed any caste or another community if you have caste certificate then you can enjoy the benefits of it. Caste certificate will help you to enjoy the reservations in school, colleges, university and job. You can even get the scholarship from government sectors, educational loans too
Under identity proof you have to submit some of the documents which are given below those area
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Voter id
- PAN Card
- RSBY Card
- MNREGA Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Passport Electricity
- Bill Water Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Ration Card
- 7/12 Extract
- Rent Receipt
Affidavit for Caste Certificate
Proof of Caste of Self or Blood Relative
How to apply for caste validity certificate
- Visit the Tehsil or SDM office and ask then for the validity caste certificate application form
- Fill the form and submit it to the officer
- It will take a month for the certificate