The Karnataka residence certificate is an official certificate issued to those people who are recognized by the government of the state of Karnataka. This article will give you a detailed explanation of the application process for residence certificate, eligibility, procedure to get the domicile of the Karnataka Region under the Official portal of Nadakacheri, and etc.
What is the purpose of residence certificate?
- The reason why we should apply for the residence certificate would be given clear details.
- Residence certificate is required as it proves the citizenship of the person who lives in a particular region
- People who have residence certificate can take the benefits provided by the government.
- To get admission in any educational institute you have to show residence proof.
- If you are searching for a job, you need to submit the residence proof to avail the job.
- To get the scholarship you need to submit the residence certificate.
- It is useful in getting the New Ration Card.
- With the help of residence certificate you can apply for a new driving license and passport services, etc.
- Residence certificate is useful in educational institutions and gov job activities.
Who are eligible for applying residence proof?
- If you are interested in applying the residence certificate of Karnataka, then you must submit all the eligibility criteria to get the domicile of the particular region.
- You can apply for the residence certificate only when you have been living in a particular region for more than 6 years.
- He should not be already carrying his residence certificate of any other state; in that case, you cannot apply until you submit the previous certificate.
What are the documents required for applying the Domicile certificate
If you are interested in applying the residence certificate then you need to follow the list of the documents which are given below
- Ration card is necessary to apply for the domicile certificate
- Voter ID card or the Aadhaar card as an Identity proof who have the address of the location where you have been living.
- Details of the property owned or the rental then the receipt of the rent paid.
- Birth certificate of the candidates who is eligible for applying the residence certificate.
- Tax receipt.
What are the details required for applying the residence certificate
- A particular name of a person who is applying for the residence certificate.
- Personal details such as father or guardian’s name, sex (M/F).
- Residential address as you has to give proof of the same.
- The purpose for which the certificates are required by the candidate.
- Ration card is also required.
The Validity of Residential certificate Karnataka
The validity period of residence certificate will depend on the candidate who uses it as the candidates who has the residential certificate is available for lifetime validity, but if you move to another state then you have to submit the residence certificate of the state. The certificate is renewed from time to time.
What is the fee for Karnataka Residence Certificate?
The application charges for applying Residence certificate of Karnataka is Rs. 45 and you have to get the affidavit and it costs around Rs. 200.
What is the processing time for residence certificate?
The time taken to receive the Karnataka residence certificate is 7 to 15 days. The department wishes to provide to services as fast as possible for your convenience.
Offline mode for applying Karnataka Residence certificate
People who are interested to take the benefits of the Residence certificate they can apply it through offline. Here are the steps to apply the residence certificate through offline mode:
- You can directly get the application form from the revenue department or the Taluk office which is nearby your place. You can visit the office and you can ask them about the application for the residence certificate application form.
- The application form is also available on the official website.
- Fill the form by entering all the proper details which are required or asked in the application form.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit the application form along with the photocopy required documents to the concerned department.
- The certificates are issued only when the verification details and the documents you have submitted.
How to apply for Residence certificate for Karnataka
- Visit the official website
- Click on the “Apply Online”.
- Enter your mobile number and click on proceed option.
- You have to read all the instructions given on a page and click on the “New Request”.
- You have to select Residence certificate from the listed option.
- You have an option to choose your language, i.e, English and Kannada and select the Residency certificate.
- You can see the application form displayed on the screen as shown below, fill all the details like district, applicant name, address, mobile number, details of residence.
- Enter the details and click on save, you can see an acknowledgment slip on the screen and even you can receive it through SMS.
- You can choose the mode of payment through net banking, credit card or debit card and you can make the payment.
- Residence certificate can be received within 30 days from the issuing date by the concerned authority.
Fee charge for Residency certificate
To apply residency certificate you have to pay of Rs. 15/-.
How to know the status of the residence or domicile certificate
To get the status of Domicile residence certificate you have to follow the procedure which is given below:
- Visit the official site
- Enter the mobile number and you have to register while applying for the residence certificate.
- You will get the status residence certificate or domicile.
How to change your address
If you wish to change the address then it can be even done through the online portal as under the Nadakacheri official portal of Karnataka. If you like to change the address then you have to make the use of the link given below
- Visit the official website
- Click on the apply online link
- Enter the mobile number
- Enter the other required details
- Submit the changes
- There you get the application number and further any changes you can make use of it in future to verify the application when it is required.
For Any Quires Contact:
For any queries for applying the Residential address, you can contact the below address
Atalji Janasnehi Directorate, SSLR Building, KR Circle, Bangalore- 560001
Phone No: 080 – 22214556/22214552/22214551
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org.