New Rules to Ease Passport Application Process

Sponsored Links:

Ministry of External Affairs announced that they have implemented new rules to Ease Passport Application Process is not much worried.

The new changes were announced in December 2016, which makes easier for some categories like orphans, single mothers and government employees to receive Passport without struggling

List of changes

MEA has made number of a change which helps for documentation to submit.

Sponsored Links:

Substitute for date Certificate

To get a passport people who born after January 1st 1989 should submit their birth certificate. Applicants can submit any one of the documents while applying passport

Birth certificate is issued by Municipal Corporation or any other authority under Registration of Births and Death Act of 1969  you need to  register a child’s birth who born in India

PAN card

Aadhar card or E-aadhar card which mention in the applicant’s date of birth

Transfer certificate or school leaving certificate or matriculation certificate will be issued by the school which is recognized by an educational board

Driving license

  • Election Photo identity card
  • Policy bond issued by a public life insurance company which is mentioned by the applicant’s date of birth
  1. Name of only one parent or legal guardian mandatory

Applicants who want to fill the details of one parent or legal guardian or parent. To obtain passport that is of single person it will be easier to apply passport for their children. Now there is no need of Father’s name to be mentioned in the passport Application Form. This should be applicable for children being raised by single mother and adopted children and children of single parents

  1. Reduction in number of Annexures

Earlier passport form has 15 annexures but now as it is merge it has been reduced to 9

  1. No attestation required on annexures

Earlier, passport application form annexures are required to be provided by a notary or executive Magistrate or first class Judicial Magistrate. Now after the new rules came into existence there is no need to provide annexures and a plain paper is required

  1. Marriage certificate not required in case of separated/divorced applicants

Before passport in application form they have to submit marriage certificate for all married persons, if they are separated or divorced they have to submit marriage certificate. Now, in the new rule they announced that marriage certificate need not be attached for applicants who are separated or divorced. Application is also not required to provide name of his or her former spouse on the application form

  1. Orphaned Children

In case, of orphaned children Without date of birth proof, court order or matriculation certificate, declaration by head of the orphanage or child care home in organizations you should submit letter to official

  1. Government servants

Government servants who are unable to obtain annexure B/ no-objection certificate from the high authority and if they are in urgent need of passport they have to submit a self-declaration in annexure-N and they declares that applicant has to provide proper information to his or her employer who informs them that he/she will apply for ordinary passport. This annexure -N is used to submit the passport who issues to authority at the time of applying for an ordinary passport.

If any changes are effective then you should immediately move to passport issuing centers and Passport Seva Kendra’s

Sponsored Links: